MiaFarrow.org |
Humanitarian and Advocacy Information |
Archives
- December 2017
- January 2013
- July 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- September 2007
October 13, 2008 |
"I lost one senior commander. Ten Janjaweed were killed," he told Reuters. "It is very clear. The government has been reorganizing the Janjaweed. They have been building up forces in the area. They want to create chaos in Darfur."
Earlier this week, the Aegis Trust put out a statement warning that Muhajiriya was under imminent threat of attack from a 300-strong Janjaweed militia that had been attacking villages in the surrounding area. An aid source told Reuters: "The only thing we can say for certain at the moment is that there is a militia in the area, that people have died and buildings in villages have been burned."
More than 45 people were killed during an attack on Muhajiriya in October last year. Sudan's government denied accusations they had been involved in the assault, despite eye witness reports that armed forces aircraft had bombed the village.