MiaFarrow.org

Humanitarian and Advocacy Information

mia farrow

mia farrow's images on flickr

|    DARFUR ARCHIVES
|    PHOTOS     
|    
LINKS     
|    
EDITORIALS     
|    
WHAT YOU CAN DO     
|    
DIVESTING
|    FEATURES     
|    
JOINT STATEMENT         
|    VIDEOS
|    POWERPOINT

Follow Mia's blog

Click here to see my photo journal from Central African Republic and Chad
Read "The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas" by Ursula K. Le Guin
View a timeline of events in the humanitarian crisis in Darfur
 

Archives

« Newer Posts | Older Posts »

December 31, 2009

WHAT BETTER TIME TO SAY ENOUGH--FOR THE SAKE OF THE CHILDREN

We live in a world of sorrow. I have posted some of the photos I took over the last couple of years in places where people graciously received me in tents, on mats, in camps, on the desert sands- in times of terror and desperation. The people in the pictures are victims of man made disasters. We have inflicted immeasurable suffering upon each other, and it is the worlds most vulnerable who suffer most. It seems we have learned nothing since we first declared 'never again'.

Of course for me these are not photographs, but people in my life, people of courage, generosity, humor and grace. I am grateful beyond all words for the privilege of spending time with them and for the inspiration they continue to give me. They deserve better.

 
 
«Newer Posts | Older Posts »