MiaFarrow.org

Humanitarian and Advocacy Information

mia farrow

mia farrow's images on flickr

|    DARFUR ARCHIVES
|    PHOTOS     
|    
LINKS     
|    
EDITORIALS     
|    
WHAT YOU CAN DO     
|    
DIVESTING
|    FEATURES     
|    
JOINT STATEMENT         
|    VIDEOS
|    POWERPOINT

Follow Mia's blog

Click here to see my photo journal from Central African Republic and Chad
Read "The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas" by Ursula K. Le Guin
View a timeline of events in the humanitarian crisis in Darfur
 

Archives

« Newer Posts | Older Posts »

September 10, 2010

Tribute

This is very, very sad news.  I have in my cell phone log a missed call from Adam on the day he died.  When I returned the call a couple of hours later, there was no answer. After receiving your email, I now believe that Adam or another resident of the camp must have been trying to alert me (and thereby others) of this terrible event.

When I spoke to Adam some months ago, he thanked me profusely for the work that I am doing and asked me to communicate his thanks to all those in America who are trying to help the IDPs and refugees of Darfur.  He then passed the phone around because several other camp leaders also wanted to thank us.  I was incredibly humbled by the experience and ashamed that we have been so ineffective in helping the people of Darfur return to the lives they once knew. 

Now Adam and so many like him are dead and many more deaths may soon follow.

I hope with all my heart that we can somehow use the news of this terrible tragedy toward a redoubled effort to help the people of Darfur. 


Susan Morgan 
 
 
«Newer Posts | Older Posts »