MiaFarrow.org |
Humanitarian and Advocacy Information |
Archives
- December 2017
- January 2013
- July 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- September 2007
March 31, 2010 |
Human Rights Watch sent a team to investigate the previous massacre in February which left at least 320 dead . Witnesses say the number of dead could be twice that.
The NY Times reported that, according to witnesses, "most victims had been taken from their village, tied at the waist and forced into the jungle, often with enormous loads of looted food balanced on their heads. Along the way, fighters randomly selected captives to kill, usually by an ax blow to the back of the head."
"They only screamed once" said Jean Claude Singbatile, a high school student who spent 2 weeks in captivity and witnessed the killings.
The last time Cecelia Nendu saw her 3 sons they were bound with rope and being marched toward the brush.
"I think they are dead" she said.